ROOTED IN FAITH. POWERED BY LOVE.
We are a not for profit human services ministries for Seniors. Our goal is to fulfill our mission to serve others. Our full continuum of care grows within our community. We welcome seniors in every stage, extending solutions and access to quality care to those who need it most.
For over 130 years, Heritage has promoted Hope, Dignity, and Purposeful Living through Christ-centered ministries. Active lifestyle amenities and innovative programming provides seniors Rehab, Skilled Nursing, Independent, and Assisted Living options. Each of our facilities offers its own unique services and amenities which allow seniors to live full and vibrant lives. Headquartered in New York with communities in Washington, Illinois, and Pennsylvania, we are a trusted leader in the provision of human services that model God’s love.
Founded in 1886, Heritage has never wavered in its dedication to our seniors. While we celebrate our history we are excited about our vision for the future.
- 1886 – Birth of a tradition
- 1901 – Senior building dedicated
- 1967 – Continuing care model implemented
- 1972 – 1974 Skilled nursing care added in Gerry as Heritage Village was added
- 1986 – Centennial Manor apartments added
- 1989 – 1990 Coachlight Cottages added
- 1992 – Assisted Living introduced in Bergquist Memorial
- 1995 – Heritage Green & Heritage Park purchased, making us the largest provider of rehab & skilled nursing in Chautauqua County.
- 2012 – Orchard Grove & Woodlands built
- 2008 – Adopts name
- 2009 – Received grant for small houses
- 2012 – Small house communities open
- 2013 – Heritage Living at Chautauqua Mall opened
- 2013 – Affiliation with Vinecroft Retirement Community (Buffalo, NY)
- 2014 – Heritage continues to grow to support Alzheimers & Dementia, increasing to 100 total rooms
- 2015 – Affiliation with The Kenney (Seattle, WA)
- 2016 – Remodel of The Green
- 2017 – Affiliation with Hearthstone Retirement Community (Woodstock, IL)
- 2018 – Affiliation with Rolling Fields Elder Care Community (Conneautville, PA)
- 2018 – Grand Opening of Homestead Stables (Gerry, NY)
- 2019 – Affiliation with Ives Hill Retirement Community (Watertown, NY)
- 2019 – Enhanced Memory Care unit at The Green
To serve others through Christ-centered ministries which promote HOPE, DIGNITY, and PURPOSEFUL LIVING.
Heritage Ministries will be a trusted leader in the provision of human services that model God’s love.
- Respect for human dignity
- Excellence in everything we do
- Acceptance of every person
- Compassion for all
- Honesty above all else
- More than 715 rehab and skilled nursing beds
- Nearly 300 Independent Living retirement units
- Over 200 Assisted Living units
- Over 2,500 individuals served annually
- Over 140 children served in childcare
- Approximately 1,500 employed
David Smeltzer, President, Chief Executive Officer
Randy Gerig, Chief Financial Officer
Laura Blake, Vice President of Human Resources
Lisa Haglund, Vice President of Marketing & Development
Jeff Ondrey, Vice President of Skilled Nursing Operations
Bruce Erickson, Vice President of Senior Housing & Services
Mark Wilcox, Vice President of Information Services
Randy Jackson, Vice President of Facilities Management
Larry Petry, Senior Chaplain
Mary Lou Clark, Director of Clinical Support Services
Jeremy Rutter, Administrator, The Park
Tammy Devlieger, Administrator, Orchard Grove
Cheryl Farr, Administrator, The Green
Valerie Johnson, Administrator, The Village
Rebecca LeBaron, Senior Housing Administrator
You have questions. Let us help.