Heritage Employee Resources
At Heritage Ministries, we believe in the value of every employee and what they have to offer.
If you have any questions regarding your benefits please contact our benefits manager,
Tracy Nelson, at email@example.com or (716) 338-0381.
PTO is available to full-time Heritage employees nationwide. The amount of PTO earned depends on your length of service and hours worked. Eligible employees will earn PTO time as they work, beginning on their first day of employment with Heritage Ministries. Employees must complete the thirty (30) day benefit eligibility waiting period prior to using their PTO. Employees will earn PTO on all regular hours worked, PTO time used and sick time used. At no time will an employee accrue PTO during unpaid time off or for PTO buy backs. There is no accrual of PTO for part-time, casual, per diem, students, and weekend only employees.
Non-exempt, hourly employees may request to receive payment in lieu of taking time off for any PTO based on the following criteria:
- Employee must have at least 5 days remaining in their PTO bank after any PTO Buy Back based on the employees’ normal scheduled hours per day.
- Should a non-exempt, hourly employee request to be paid PTO in lieu of time off, the PTO will not be calculated into the computation of overtime. Requests for payment in lieu of time off must be submitted in writing by the employee on the Benefit Request Form and presented to the Assigned Supervisor for approval. Payment will be made in the pay period during which the request was received by the Payroll Department.
At the end of each calendar year employees will be allowed to carry over the following amount of PTO days. Any PTO hours beyond that will be forfeited.
Hourly, non-exempt employees may have a maximum carryover of 3 weeks (based on the employees’ normal scheduled hours per week. Ex: 12 hour employees will receive 108 hours). Salaried, exempt employees may have a maximum carryover of 4 weeks (based on the employees’ normal scheduled hours per week).
2020 NOTE: Due to the impact of the COVID-19 on the ability of employees to take time off due to the ongoing pandemic, for 2020 only non-exempt employees nationwide (excluding The Kenney) may carry over 4 weeks (instead of 3) and salaried employees may carry over 5 week (instead of 4). If you are able to donate PTO to another Heritage employee who may be in need, please contact HR.
Sick time is available to full-time employees to earn a maximum number of hours equal to three (3) days per year. Eligible employees will earn Sick time as they work, beginning on their first day of employment with Heritage Ministries. Employees must complete the thirty (30) day benefit eligibility waiting period prior to using their Sick time.
Employees will earn Sick time on all regular hours worked, PTO time used and sick time used. At no time will an employee accrue Sick time during unpaid time off or for PTO buy backs. There is no accrual of Sick time for part-time, casual, per diem, students, and weekend only employees.
Sick time will accumulate from one year to the next. The maximum sick time benefit hours will be equal to thirty (30) days.
- Kronos – View personal demographic information, PTO/Sick time accrued, request time off, view attendance occurrences, pay statements, benefits enrolled in and complete open enrollment at the end of each year. You may be asked the first time you access the website for our Client Code which is 6076112.
- How to enroll – Watch the Benefit Enrollment How-To video!
- OnShift – Access employee schedule
- Boetger – Access employee 401k accounts – requires User ID and password
- NOVA Healthcare Administrators – View participating doctors in our benefit plan
- P & A Group – Access employee HRA and/or FSA accounts
- Marketing Request Form – Get your project into our production queue.
- Apparel Store – Order Heritage apparel and gear online (October 1-31)